PRCA Annual International Conference – 15th Year Anniversary!
This years conference will be held in Rockford, IL with host venue Zip Rockford at Alpine Hills Adventure Center. In conjunction with the conference, the PRCA Qualified Instructor Certification training will be held concurrently with the conference. Schedules and agendas will be uploaded shortly to the website.
AGENDA / WORKSHOPS:
This years conference has scheduled to include:
- Qualified Instructors Certification Workshop
- Annual Public Board Meeting
- Annual Public Membership Meeting
- Tour and/or participation in Zip Rockford zip line canopy tour
- Tour Zip Rockford office and “off the grid” 30′ Yurt and start up / developing Outdoor Education program.
- World class presentations from attorney, insurance providers, park district professionals, programmers, operator, builders, trainers, and much More!
Rockford, Il is located just an hour south of Madison Wisconsin and about 1.5 hours west of Chicago Illinois. You may find flights into either airports on United, American, Delta, Alaska, and other carriers. Rental cars are available and a shuttle bus is available between Madison and Rockford or Chicago O’Hare Airport and Rockford. Fares appear to be $11.50 and $21.50 respectively, each way. A schedule of service may be found at <Coach USA; Van Galder Bus Company> If you rent a car, be prepared to pay tolls via CASH or get an IPASS box from the rental car company of your selection.
Traffic patterns tend to be heaviest between 6:30 AM and 9 AM from Rockford into Chicago and 4 PM to 6 PM heading from Chicago back to Rockford. Chicago has it’s own traffic patterns as well, so plan accordingly.
There are numerous lodging options available in the Rockford area from 2 star and up. Price ranges from $49 up to $150/night plus. Many hotels include a breakfast option.
There are many restaurant options available in Rockford, including better know companies such as:
- Pizza chain stores
- Olive Garden,
- Outback Steak house,
- Longhorn Steak House,
- Red Lobster,
- Mc Donald’s, Culvers, Arby’s, Taco Bell, DQ, Potbelly’s, Jimmy Johns, etc
- and some area specific bakers, delis, and coffee shops near by Zip Rockford.
Save the Dates April 12-15, 2018
IMPORTANT: Current PRCA members should register for the event using the bookings fields below.
If you are NOT a Member of the association, please follow this link: