RENEWAL OF QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
Renewal of Qualified Instructor Certification
- Certifications are issued with a June 1st expiration date.
- Renewal applicants must meet the base requirements of the original certification.
- Certified Qualified Instructors may renew their certification once (6 year period total) without having to retest for certification. The second renewal requires retesting but doe not require attendance at the Examination Prep session, however attendance at this session can count towards the training required for the Certification renewal.
- Renewal applications including required documentation and fee payments should be received by the PRCA on or before April 30th of the year of the expiration of the Certification. Failure to meet this deadline may result in delays in re-certification or the withdrawal of the Certification.
- Any expired certification can be renewed within one year of the expiration for the balance of that certification cycle (e.g. nine months late would result in a renewed certification period on only 2 years and 3 months).
- Failure to submit the necessary documentation may result in a delay of re-certification or the withdrawal of the certification.
- Submission of the renewal application and payment of renewal fees. (Reminder: Supervisor Endorsement renewal applications should be submitted with the Certification renewal application.)
- Applicant must provide evidence of receiving 3.2 CEUs in the field of instruction/teaching OR 32 credit hours of PRCA approved formal instructor training / industry related operations / safety training during the three year period of the current expiring certification. (On the first renewal the attendance of a PRCA certification exam preparatory session can be credited as 10 hours towards the renewal training requirements.)
- Applicant must provide evidence of having conducted a minimum of 60 hours of properly documented industry related employee training during the three year period of the current expiring certification.
- Applicant must provide a copy (ACORD form) of their current professional insurance or employer's current professional insurance showing that the applicant or their employer carries the proper insurance for delivering employee training.
- The certification examination may not be taken in lieu of the certification renewal requirements.
- Portions of the renewal criteria may be waived or postponed by the Certification and Examination Board with a written request for such by the applicant. The renewal requirement for the performance of 60 hours of delivered training cannot be waived.